How to Sell Your Home Fast In Los Angeles
Ever wondered how you can sell your home fast in Los Angeles. I'm sure in today's market, if you price your home right, you can sell your home in no time. However, here are some helpful tips on what to do to get top dollar for your home.
Clean & Declutter
- Get a storage unit and pack away any extra belongings or large furniture that makes the room look crowded, small or messy.
- Organize your closets - the kitchen and closet are one of the most important features of a home. Without enough closet and storage space, you'll have a very difficult time finding buyers interested in your home.
- Get rid of personal belongings - not only do you not want potential buyers sifting through your personal belongings, you want to create the environment as neutral as possible. That means, getting rid of Christmas decorations, personal photos, etc...
- Do a deep clean of every room in the house, including baseboards, kitchen cabinets, bathroom tile and carpets.
Price To Sell
- Think about your timeline. I have had many clients that come to me and say, Alon, I need to sell quickly. I don't have time. I'm in foreclosure and I don't want to lose my house to foreclosure. I then have clients that say, Alon, I'd like to sell within the next 30 to 60 days. And lastly, I have clients that say, "Alon, I would like to sell, but I'm not in a rush." These are the three scenarios that homeowners have to look at when pricing their home. You need to take a look at the comparables and see what the average home is selling for in your area. If you're a client in a rush to sell, I usually tell clients to list it about 5% below Fair Market Value to get traction. if you're one to sell within the next 30 to 60 days, price it at Fair Market Value. If you have all the time in the world, price it 5% above Fair Market Value so that you can get top dollar for your home. However, you also have to take a look at the market. Right now, during Covid, we don't know where the housing market is going to go. Although housing prices have stayed stable over the past several months, we don't know what the effect will be on the housing market in the next 3 to 4 months when all those homeowners that have been placed on forbearance plans comes due. It may push them into foreclosure and we may see another 2008 recession with house prices dropping. It's all a matter of time and priorities.
Fix Any Quick Repairs
- Patch any holes and paint
- Fix loose tiles
- Repair door handles
- Tighten leaky faucets
- If you want to make the home show a little better - apply a fresh coat of paint, install new hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets, swap out old and outdated light fixtures, and purchase matching newer appliances
Higher a Professional Photographer - no cell phone photos, provide a virtual and 3D tour
Write A Great Listing Description
- Highlight your homes best features,anything that makes the home desirable (i.e., neighborhood, school district, proximity to public transportation, add a sense of urgency)
All this can be accomplished through a great realtor. He can guide you on where to find those repairmen or a storage facility, or even to stage your home.
If you're thinking of selling your home, consider contacting Alon Darvish for a free consult. You may reach him at (310)299-9974. You have nothing to lose!